From upscale dining in the highest elevation restaurant in all of Washington State to the humble burger shack, here’s a list of the most popular outdoor dining options near Mount Rainier.
Outdoor Dining in the Crystal Mountain/Sunrise Area:
- The Summit House is perched atop Crystal Mountain at 6,872 feet, the Summit House serves up breathtaking views and toe-warming treats. Energize your body with hearty soups, chili, gourmet pizzas, pasta, fondue and fresh salads, in addition to daily specials. On a clear day, take in views of the Northwest’s most famous volcanic peaks. It’s like dining at the top of the world. Opens for the summer season June 22, 2018.
- The Alpine Inn Restaurant is elegance with a view. Located at Crystal Mountain, this charming dining room serves gourmet pasta, seafood and steak (vegetarian entree too) and a wide selection of fine wines and hand-crafted northwest brews in an old-world atmosphere. Free WIFI too.
- Griffin & Wells Café is a neighborhood gathering place in Enumclaw, WA, serving seasonal, fresh, and local fare with a gourmet touch.
- Kelly’s Restaurant and Lounge specializes in sustainable and unique wine & beer from the Pacific Northwest and other parts of the world. The Menu is the awesome creation of Chef Ky Loop and Chef Tyler Garcia, who use the finest ingredients to amuse and delight your pallet. The menu includes tapas, lunch, dinner & dessert. Be sure to visit their website for a calendar of special events including live entertainment.
- Headworks Brewery offers craft brews and meals served up by a rotating schedule featuring popular local food trucks.
- The Kitchen serving breakfast and lunch in a traditional greasy spoon – biker friendly kind of atmosphere known for good food and great service. Offers delivery and take out service. It is also wheelchair accessible, good for groups and for families.
- The Historic Mint – 28 Beers on Tap, fantastic food and family friendly. Share game day with friends or a quiet evening with your bestie. Appetizers, desserts or the whole meal deal.
- Jackson’s Restaurant – Jackson’s is different. Really different. A truly “local” placemaking gourmet artisan pizzas, pasta, and mouthwatering specialty sandwiches, served with style, warmth, and a commitment to great service. In a world dominated by mediocre restaurant chains, fast food, and gloppy, greasy pizza pies, we are different. Try our “Grinders” – specialty sandwiches that are designed to be filling, and flavorful. Gluten-free menu items are available.
- Il Siciliano – Authentic Italian cuisine. Italian food. Family owned. Appetizers. Soups. Salads. Pasta. Wood fired pizza. Entrees. Desserts. House wine.
Outdoor Dining in the Elbe/Ashford Area:
- Scaleburgers – is an old-school drive-up open seasonally during the summer months offers outdoor seating, the best drive-up burger and epic milkshakes in all of Elbe!
- Pizza Express is located in a 1910 refurbished train car. This locally owned and operated restaurant offers covered outdoor seating and pizza by the slice or by the pie.
- Copper Creek Inn – Have your choice of two outdoor seating options, sidewalk cafe style dining out front, our beautiful garden seating area behind the Inn
- Wildberry Restaurant – The Taste of Two Worlds – traditional American mountain menu with authentic Sherpa Himalayan cuisine of Nepal. Try their Sherpa-Himalayan curry, Samosas, lentil soup, Momo (Tibetan style steamed dumplings) and rice pudding. On the American side try their steak, burgers, yak burger, sandwiches, trout, chicken and don’t forget the huckleberry pie! 10% off for local guests.
- Basecamp Bar and Grill – Located just six miles outside of the Nisqually Entrance to Mount Rainier National Park. Grab a picnic lunch to go, or stay a while and enjoy a hearty meal from the grill, and a refreshing drink from the tap.