Valentines Day is on its way and coming up with the perfect decadent treat to surprise your loved ones with can be a challenge. These decadent brownies will appeal to adults and kids alike. You are sure to inspire hugs and kisses when you whip these out for a surprise dessert.
Our Mt. Rainier cabins come with fully equipped kitchens that are perfect for baking! You can make them during your stay or make a batch ahead of time and pack them for a romantic snowshoeing snack break, or savor them after dinner while sitting around the fire pit!
Brownie Rubble Adapted from foodnetwork.com.
- 2 sticks plus 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup all-purpose flour • 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups sugar • 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large eggs, cold
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, or a combination of semisweet and white chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup unsalted roasted peanuts or coarsely chopped roasted almonds
- Line an 8-inch-square baking pan with foil, pressing it into the corners and up the sides. Leave an overhang on 2 sides. Use pan spray or butter to grease the foil and dust with flour. Position a rack in the lower third of the oven; preheat to 400 degrees.
- Bring 1 inch water to a gentle simmer in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Put the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl; set the bowl over the saucepan (do not let the bowl touch the water). Stir occasionally until melted and smooth. Remove the bowl from the saucepan.
- Add the sugar, cocoa and salt to the bowl and stir vigorously with a wooden spoon until smooth. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well between each addition, until the batter is thick and shiny. Add the vanilla, then add 1 cup flour and mix until combined. Spread in the prepared pan.